Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital is one of the reputed college in Uttarakhand for you. Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital was founded in the year 2005. Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital is a private University located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. In other words you can say that Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital is one of the best Ayurvedic College in Uttarakhand.
Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College , it is not merely an Institute, but a saga, a prayer made by its founders for the God Dhanwantari. It offers UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate courses in various specializations and also provides various facilities for the students’ all-round development. The college is an excellent combination of various departments equipped with best-in-class facilities with the main objective of serving Ayurveda with passion
There is a separate hall for holding seminars, conferences and guest lectures equipped with a LCD projector and a computer system. Separate hostels for boys and girls with good residing facilities are available. A collection of 10000 books along with 20 journals and 15 magazines is available in the library. Free transport facility is available for hostel students.
The institute emerged as result of joint efforts by Chief Patron Honorable Chairman, Honorable Secretary and other patrons under the shade of ‘Himalayiya Ayurvedic Yog Ewam Prakritik Chikitsa Sansthan’. The main aim of college is to generate professionals who can help in promoting public awareness about the potential of Ayurveda in disease prevention, and health promotion.
Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital, offers both courses like Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery( (B.A.M.S.) & P.G. course (M.D.) & Diploma at present. The college also provides good clinical care with 100+ beds with modern medical facilities. The college is popularly known as HAMC&H.
The college conducts BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) course as approved and recognized by CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine) – Ministry of health & Family welfare Department of AYUSH, New Delhi. The institution is affiliated with Uttarakhand Ayurved University, Harrawala, Dehradun.
The campus of Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College (HAMC) is spread over an area of 10 acres of land. There are several departments in the college and the teaching faculty is appointed as per the rules prescribed by the CCIM and Govt. of India. Additional campus facilities such as Canteen, Computer Lab, Library, Medical Facilities, Class Rooms are also there.
Highlights of Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College (HAMC&H) :
|Campus Area||10 acres|
|Course Duration||5 ½ years|
|Also Known as||HAMC&H|
|Affiliated to||Uttarakhand Ayurved University (UAU)|
Course Details of Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College (HAMC&H):
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery is a five and half (4 & 1/2 year regular + 1 year Internship) year degree course which is being run in this institution. The college is affiliated to the Uttarakhand Ayurved University, Dehradun. Every year 100 students are admitted for graduation in Ayurveda.
M.D.(AY) Ayurveda-Vachaspati is a three year (3 year regular) full time post graduation degree course of Doctor of Medicine. Every year approx 6 students are admitted for P.G. Course M.D. (AY) in each subjects as given below-
- Rachna Sharir
- Kriya Sharir
- Admission through All India Ayush PG Entrance (AIAPGET) conducted by Ministry of Ayush,Govt of India, New Delhi.
The college also provide Diploma in different stream like follows:
- Ayurvedic Bhaisjya Kalpak (D.Pharma-Ay.) 2 Yrs. Full Time Diploma Course
- Ayurvedic Paricharika (Nursing-Ay.)3 ½ Yrs. Full Time Course
- Panchkarma Technician 1 Yr. Full Time Training Course
- PG Diploma Astrology 1 yr – full time course
Eligibility Criteria :
- Only NEET qualified students are eligible for the admission process.
- Candidates passing Intermediate or its equivalent examination with at least 50%, aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from any recognized board.
- There shall relaxation in marks of Intermediate or its equivalent examination for only reserved category students.
- The minimum qualification for MD/MS Course is B.A.M.S. from any Recognized/Approved University with minimum in aggregate 60% marks.
Admission Procedure :
- BAMS admissions in Patanjali University (PU) is done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)score for Undergraduate Course
- For admission in UG courses in Patanjali University (PU)candidates have to participate in Uttarakhand AYUSH State counseling
- Admission Seekers must fulfil all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- After the declaration of results, the conducting authority of the examinations prepares a merit list, which is basically based on the counselling process.